Class of 1979 Endowed Scholarship / The Rodney Thaxton Justice Scholarship Award
Eligibility: All Class Years, 3.0 GPA, Demonstrated Need (FAFSA required), 15 credit hours
Scholarship made possible by the generosity of the Class of 1979. Eligibility requirements include:
- Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior
- Student must maintain a semester grade point average of 3.0
- The student must attend Morehouse College each semester of each academic year and earn at least 15 credit hours of non-repeated credit each semester (excluding Summer term)
- Preference should be given to students who are majoring in one of the following academic area(s): Political Science, English, Sociology or Pre-Law and have expressed a strong commitment to a career in Social Justice
- Demonstrated low Expected Family Contribution (EFC) as illustrated on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and confirmed by the College’s Office of Financial Aid.
This scholarship is renewable based on student’s eligibility and successful academic progression.
Awards vary and will be used to cover tuition, room and board expenses that are not covered by other financial aid and expected family contributions as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or the methodology used by Morehouse College.