Arnold E. Denton Endowed Scholarship in Teacher Education
Eligibility: Sophomore, Junior, Senior, TEACH Pathway, 2.8 GPA, Demonstrated Need (FAFSA required), Full-time
This scholarship was made possible by the generosity of Janice Dilworth and Gregory Denton to ensure that Morehouse scholars are well-prepared for teaching careers in elementary and secondary education through the TEACH Pathway programming established in the Morehouse Center for Excellence in Education (MCEE). Eligibility requirements include:
- Sophomore, Junior, or Senior
- Pursue a career as a Teacher in elementary or secondary education through TEACH Pathway programming offered by MCEE
- Maintain a 2.8 GPA or higher throughout the course of their studies
- Must demonstrate low Expected Family Contribution (EFC) as illustrated on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and confirmed by the College’s Office of Financial Aid
- Maintain full-time equivalency by earning at least 12 hours of non-repeated credit each semester
Scholarship is renewable for up to three (3) academic years of study providing the recipients meet the requirements illustrated above.
Awards vary and will be used to cover tuition, room and board expenses that are not covered by other financial aid and expected family contributions as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or the methodology used by Morehouse College. Scholarship will award 10 students up to a maximum of $10,000 based on financial need. The award per scholar will total up to $5,000, at a maximum, per academic year.